After being really impressed by Dortmund's performance in the Bundesliga over the last two seasons and in the Champions League group stages these season I (ehrenfest) thought it would interesting to have a competition to make a new kit. The scenario is that Dortmund have just won the 2013 Champions League in Wembley after winning their third Budesliga on the trot and the DFB Pokal, thus becoming the first German side ever to win the treble.
You have to create a home, away and/or european kit each commemorating their treble win. Or you can redesign the Borussia Dortmund logo also commemorating their treble.
Rules for kits:
- Kit may be made by manufacturer of your choice
- Kit must be sponsored by their current kit sponsor Evonik
- Home and away kits should have Bundesliga badges on the sleeves
- European kit should have Champions League and Respect badges on the sleeves
- Home kit should have a yellow top, black shorts and yellow socks
- Away and European kits are completely free design but the European kit should have the Champions league patches on the sleeves
Rules for crests:
- Crest should be based of current crest
- Should have some sort of commemoration for the treble (Champions League, German League, German Cup)
The competition will end December 24th, when I will pick the best of each of the following categories:
1. Home Kit
2. Away Kit
3. European Kit
4. Goalkeeper Kit
UPDATE: Winners announced!
The best crest goes to Rabbi with his simple design that while is based on the current badge utilizes the three trophies that Dortmund would have to win for them to win the treble. Well done.
The best goalkeeper kit goes to Taggo with a very nice modern design.
The third/euro kit was a tough decision but the winner is Matte1897 with a very unique red/white design. A great kit.
The away kit winner is Myki I really liked the black with grey stripes, excellent choice with the colors and overall a great kit.
Finally the home kit winner. There were a few home kits that really stood out. But in the end there could only be one winner and it is Matte1897 with this plain, simple but very realistic design. Excellent work!
Thanks everyone for entering there were many excellent kits but unfortunately only four could be winners (plus a crest).