As many people may have noticed, international squads are getting new kits more often than usual. Most recently, Spain, Brasil, and Italy, have released new shirts coinciding with the upcoming tournament they'll be contesting, the 2013 Confederations Cup.
One of the few teams I enjoy watching, Japan, are also competing in the 2013 Confederations Cup this Summer. To the disappointment of a Japanese and J-league shirt collector such as myself, it doesn't look as if Japan will take to the field in some fresh threads.
Getting to the point, this competition is rather simple: Design a Japan kit for the 2013 Confederations Cup. Home, Away, or both!
1. The brand must be Adidas.
2. The home shirt must be some shade of blue.
3. The away shirt can be any color. Traditionally they wear white, so that would be the preferred color for this, but feel free to experiment if you find it necessary.
4. The Home and Away shirts must feature the JFA Crest or Japanese Flag. Their recent kits have used both, the latter being a small emblem above the crest. Once again, feel free to experiment if you find it necessary to do so.
5. The entries for the competition can be shown as a full kit or just a jersey top. Keep in mind, a kit always displays better in its full form.
6. You may submit as many entries as you want. (Dont forget, quality over quantity!)
The competition will run from Friday May 3rd, to Saturday May 18th, ending at 12:00 AM Midnight @ Pacific Standard Time ( West Coast USA ) At that time, I will decide on a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place winner for the home shirt, and an individual winner for the away shirt! As a prize for the first place winner, apart from the basic feeling of winning, you will receive a personal e-card from me congratulating you on your triumphant and glorious victory. The card will be written in full Japanese and is surely something that you should try your hardest to get, my friends. ;)
First place : Taggo : I love this shirt right now to every detail. Perfect amount of red trim. Perfect color. Perfect template. Perfect paneling. Perfect logo placement. Perfect kit. The gradient is a very nice and simple design. Its difficult to find fault with any aspect of the shirt. I would be a very happy camper if this was the next Japan jersey. I also like the double Yatagarasu icon on the back, very nice touch.
Second Place : Agama : A beauty of a shirt! Looks like the 2005 as stated, but modern in most elements. The red bar is very Japan like you said, and I like how you've done it in a different way by aligning it with the one in the stripes. I also like the fading adidas stripes, its a unique look. Very nice shirt, thank you a ton for entering!
Third Place : Fenton : This is very fresh! I like the idea of the NIPPON script, because in comps like the Confederations Cup, you really want to show who you are, you know? And this is the most direct way of doing so, while also sticking to that retro look the japanese kits from that time had. A very very fine effort. The raw shirt is also pretty appealing.
Away Shirt Winner : axeldeviaje : This is so slick. I much prefer the away jersey over the home, the color balancing is great and the collar really works. Its a fresh look and the Trefoil Adidas logo looks stylish. I also love the socks. Great work as usual from one of our best designers! Thanks so much for taking time to enter!
thanks to all who entered~~~