Last year, a great competition was run to design a new template for Adidas. It was very interesting to see what people came up with, under the pressure of producing something that would work well for a number of teams and styles. I'd love to see what some of you would think about designing a new template for Nike.
I will be judging designs primarily on the shirt, but shorts and socks will be given credit if they particularly benefit the design. Likewise if the detract from the design, it will effect your marks.
1. All shirts must be made by Nike (obviously) and feature their logo, the crest and sponsor/number depending on whether its a club team or international. Fantasy and older crests are allowed, and the number of nike logos is not restricted, though stick to the current swoosh, rather than the wording and the swoosh. You may use just the main chest sponsor if you wish, even if you are doing a team from scandinavia or latin america etc where there is often an abundance of sponsors. Think about placement of these more than usual, as you don't want anything to ruin your template because you haven't put the thought in.
2. At least three different shirts MUST be uploaded of at least three different teams. One striped, one hooped (or horizontal striped), and the other in a different style, but feel free to upload more.
3. While I will allow you to upload black and white templates for clarity, I will be judging their application on real kits.
4. Avoid anything too similar to signatures of other brands, such as Adidas' three stripes, or Puma's two.
5. Not really a rule, but be creative! While a nice simple kit can look good, its not what the competition is about. Enter interesting different designs. Think about shirt stitching and panelling.
6. If you feel it will enhance the kit, add them, but I will not take little details such as town coat of arms or team nicknames into account.
7. To add a bit of a challenge, all designs must be of teams on Nike's roster for the 2012/2013 season. This rules out teams like Real Madrid or Tottenham, and next season' s Nike teams, such as England and Man City.
8. Collar styles must stay constant throughout the three templates. So if one has, say, a crew neck, then they all should, instead of one having a polo collar. The same goes for cuff styles, side panels and stitching.
9. Also, feel free to enter any goalkeeper templates to the competition. You don't have to do 3 versions, and it can't be one of the plain versions. I will judge this seperately.
SOME TEAMS TO CHOOSE FROM: Arsenal, Manchester United, Everton, Celtic, PSG, Barcelona, Malaga, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus, Porto, Boca Juniors, Club America, Corinthians, Santos, Internacional, Zenit St Petersburg, Spartak Moscow, Shakhtar Donetsk, Werder Bremen, PSV Eindhoven, Atletico Nacional France, USA, Brazil, Netherlands, Portugal, Croatia, Australia, Poland. AND THEN SOME SUGGESTED BY SPIDER: Charlton, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Bradford, York City Oxford United, Leyton Orient, Esperance de Tunis, Etoile Sahel, Dundee United, Hamilton Academicals, Freiburg, Kaizer Chiefs, Mamelodi Sundowns, Monterrey, Pachuca, Monarcas Morelia, Xolos de Caliente Tijuana, Tibrones Rojos, Club Libertad, Real Sociedad, Deportivo Alaves, MTK Budapest, Ferencvaros, Galatasaray, Trabzonspor, Sparta Praha, Austria Wien, Dinamo Bucharesti, Steaua Bucharesti, Alianza Lima, Coritiba, Bahia, Maccabi Haifa, Sanfrecce Hiroshima, Urawa Red Diamonds, Kashima Antlers, All teams in the Chinese Super League, Zambia, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and Vietnam. So plenty of teams and options from all across the globe!
A successful entry will be interesting and versatile. The competition will close at 12:00 GMT on Saturday 13th April, And I will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner, aswell as a goalkeeper winner.
Get designing and get creative!
Thanks for all the entres, really enjoyed looking at all of them and giving feedback (please see comments on images).
Congratulations to Fenton on his winning entry and to Taggo for the winning goalkeeper. But a huge thank you to everyone who entered, some excellent designs and the results were very close.