Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Design Football League Competition Discussion

Design Football League Competition Discussion 3 years 8 months ago #656

• Fenton
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Everyone,

I've started this thread so we can have a bit more of an in depth chat about starting up a Design League. So if you're interested in participating, please put your two cents worth in...

Basically, the general idea would be to have match-ups once a fortnight or so between members of the comp where each match up would be allocated a team and the designers would both make a kit for the same team. Anyone then votes on the match ups and points are awarded. I've based this idea off of another tournament which ran on another site.

In order not to clutter up the main site and to allow more general conversation on the topic, we could run the comp through the forum. The good thing about the comp would be that there wouldn't be a limit to the number of entrants and that everyone would get to design a kit every round - no eliminations.

Anyway that's the general gist of it. Please feel free to comment and give your opinion on what you would/wouldn't like to see... and most importantly, if you would want to participate.

Cheers guys!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Design Football League Competition Discussion 3 years 8 months ago #657

• danlucas
  • User is blocked
Sounds good, I'd definitely be up for it.

Any thoughts on what teams? Would it be like teams from the same league for each set of fixtures?

Design Football League Competition Discussion 3 years 8 months ago #658

• moom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Sounds like fun.I'll do all the pictures and stuff and gladly organize it.

So would you want everybody to play each other twice or something? Doing things on a grand scale is nice so everybody can get involved, but as shown the AFCCL tourney, people vote less as time goes on and some people who get eliminated just sort of lose all interest in it.

I'm thinking like 20 people
But even that will be a very very lengthy tourney if matches occur every two weeks. Would take a very long time until the final standings played out.

Maybe like 16 people , matches every week, either play everybody once (15 weeks) or twice ( 30 weeks ).
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by moom.

Design Football League Competition Discussion 3 years 8 months ago #659

• danlucas
  • User is blocked
Why not have two smaller leagues maybe 12 in each, and then the top 2 or 4 from each league have a knockout to get a final champion.

Just play each other once in the league, then it's quicker and more likely to keep everyone's interest.

Design Football League Competition Discussion 3 years 8 months ago #660

• BP
  • Fresh Boarder
The only downside to a league system would be the voting.
Would everyone be allowed to vote or just people not competing?
If everyone it would be hard to remain neutral when you could be voting in a match up where someone could overtake you in the league.
If non competitors then interest may wane over time.
Maybe a series of mini leagues, with a knockout after, much like the World Cup, could overcome this with group rivals not being able to vote but everyone else could.

Design Football League Competition Discussion 3 years 8 months ago #661

This all sounds great!

I also believe that the amount of time participants have in order to create and show their designs as well as the amount of time everyone submits their votes also compromises the longevity of interest within the general spectrum of designfootball followers.

Maybe a shorter time frame for both can improve interest as well as have participants somewhat on their toes? On the downside, that may not be the most viable solution since not everyone has the time to be fully focused on these mini design projects.

I think a world cup group and knock out stage tourney would be the best next step. It can be a great transition into a league competition in the future. The world cup fever may attract more spectators and competition. I think that is the only thing the ACL Champions League Tourney lacked; followers being interested in the teams and maybe not knowing who most of these teams were added to the lack of interest.

We have around 16 weeks give or take for the world cup to begin. That is more than enough time to execute a DF World Cup group and knockout tourney. The only way to know at this point is to jump into the tourney and see the response. I believe it will be great and having groups and 32 competitors will be the best way to test this situation out since it has the best of both worlds, in that it allows 3 designs at least for everyone.

I hope my two cents are valuable!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds